Motorcycle accident cases, due to their lack of safety equipment, tend to be catastrophic. Despite that, many people choose this vehicle for its speed and the excitement that driving it brings. Many of these drivers tend to get very clueless or crazy and find themselves in an accident when speeding or not being seen by other drivers on the road.
Fortunately, there are law firms that focus on these types of accidents to help motorcyclists in an accident. A well-known one is Fielding Law, which has its own team of motorcycle accident lawyers in Mesquite, TX.
Types of injuries caused by these types of accidents
Something that every motorcyclist always has in mind is that the ease of suffering an injury while driving is high, compared to other vehicles. Apart from the fact that other vehicles have devices to avoid serious injuries, such as the seat belt. By not having this type of security, accidents caused while driving a motorcycle are serious and can be fatal. The most common types of injuries that are caused by this accident are:
- Broken or injuries in the neck
- Broken or fractured bones
- Severe head injure (that could lead to a severe injury brain “TBI”)
- Damaged spinal core
- Facial disfigurement
- Shoulders injurie
If the victim suffers any of these injuries, the most recommended is to call an ambulance immediately. And after the victim regains consciousness and if desired, contact an attorney to make a claim for personal injury and opt for compensation.
Most common causes of these types of accidents
The collisions suffered by this type of vehicle are completely different compared to other vehicles. These accidents involve one or more people who are exposed to different types of hazards, such as impacts or contact with the road. The crash itself manages to eject the person from the vehicle, resulting in injuries such as broken bones or burns with the pavement. There are exorbitant amounts of crash risks that motorcyclists are exposed to on a day-to-day basis. These tend to be:
- Speeding. It is estimated that in 2015 more than 30% of motorcyclists were involved in fatal accidents due to overspeed. Over time, it has been discovered that one of the most common factors in these accidents is the motorcyclist’s speeding. A clear example is, when they try to make a turn at high speed and end up colliding with a tree or a railing.
- Lack of visibility. Most collisions have been found to occur because some drivers are unable to see approaching motorcycles. Being small by comparison, it is easy to overlook them.
- Defects on the road. Gaps in the road, debris, crossing animals, and fallen trees tend to pose a risk to motorcyclists.
- Negligence or recklessness of the motorcyclist. It has been noted that the majority of accidents involving motorcyclists are caused by themselves. Due to the speed they tend to have, driving under the influence of certain substances, ignoring traffic laws or driving the motorcycle without proper knowledge.